Monday, April 6, 2009

Keeping up with fashions

Last year I featured on you tubes front page, and I immediately fell pray to the dreaded haters. From watching other accounts get barded with nasty messages I had already figured some simple facts out about the main mind set of these people. To begin with we have the children about 75% of the people that have stupid messages are kids, and they are kids that are jealous of any one else getting featured, you also have a large number of people who believe they know everything about style and fashion. No one knows everything about style and fashion trends and vintage period costumes and folk (location)wear, there is simply to many styles out there at any given time. I went 80's with my video that was featured, many of my comments were to the effect that, I was white trash trailer trash stuck in the 80's etc. I'm sorry middle America I had no idea that there were so many of you that live near people who haven't changed their styles since the 80's. Shortly after the video was featured I took a trip down south and everything was normal current styles till I got to Virgina at every restaurant and gas station I saw women with the same hair styles from the 80's too much hair spray curled under or puffed back, I see an occasional mullet from time to time in the east coast cities but this was not a fluke down south. I am not about to stop sporting what I like to ware because there is some other location that can't understand current styles. 1980's is the New Vintage. I just love Vintage styles 80's actually started coming back out of the closet about 2 years ago. I wouldn't go so far as to ware a Mullet or leg warmers there are some forms of tacky that are just too far beyond what I can even stomach. Some things that are majorly in, are big thick belts, cut off thumb gloves, cheerleader skirts (not stripper length) super tacky slits and jean jackets, don't over do it none of those big shoulder pads please.

No comments: