Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sew Crazy

Wow, wow, wow, just on a whim I replied to this ad from a huge tv station. Then I got a call back, they want me to be on a reality tv show for fashion design. I know I'm brilliant at designing I see some fabric some new styles and I imagine in my mind what it should be, it's like second nature to me. But I can't say this is the right path for me.

Self sacrifice again I must keep in mind my family, they need me and for me to follow my desires blindly and without pay means that I could make things very hard for them. I'm glad that my husband says he would do it for me, if I wanted to do it.

I have learned other things though from this, I know that most of the talentless people of you tube would love nothing more than being on a real TV show, some of those that believe they already are big have gone about getting talent agents, lol! And little old me with no following 35 little subscribers I got offered a real show because of my real talent. Ah but god's humor is more Ironic than even that, I'm hiding a secret, ok I'm hiding tons of secrets but this one is relevant, I have terrible stage fright, I'm camera shy. I thought I'd mostly gotten over it I'm a least able to talk on video that is going on the Internet, even if I shake and look up tight when doing so. But what I learned what I really learned is this the internet and all it's many free vices can be used to propel a career, they will not always be seen as frivolous play even you tube with it's reputation for stupidity, is something that can be used in the right format can be a showcase for talent. Now that I know there is one way in one way that I can succeed and find great opportunities there are other ways too I know there are just using my talents and exposing them to the right people is enough, it doesn't have to be exposing them to everyone.

So now that I've achieved what youtube stars have been trying for for years, I'm bored with it. I've also learned a few other things I've been practicing at editing and watching others (which is very boring) and I've learned that the vlog thing is just like listening to a talk show on the radio, few of these people use visual images in their videos and that is very boring, so I have no need to show my face anymore, one pic of my face when talking is enough, visual presentation has a purpose to illustrate the speakers words otherwise it's useless or only for the purpose of feeling personal by seeing the person I guess. I've also made money off my editing lately so I again feel as if I've achieved a great amount of knowledge and
while I need to do more work more practice I feel so far above those whom never advance with their skills in video and rely on their names sake for talent, I've gotten quite far.

Now You tube is not the only website worth posting on Myspace if your public and blogs like this one are great for self promotion. And here I am anilizing who and what I am and what I'm doing, that's such a bad way to go, I should just speak of my love of arts and crafts and not my many other intrests, lol.
As Alice in wonderland once said, " I often give myself very good advice but I very rarely follow it" That's me!

No comments: